Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait

I had so much I wanted to blog about earlier today and now that the day is over and my body has had time to decompress it's all gone out of my head.  It seems like that has been the way things are going this week for me. That old feeling of being overwhelmed and relaxed at the same time.

After yesterday's manic Monday, I decided to make a list of to do's this morning to guide me through the day.  It was working great until my ADD kicked in and my brain decided to get side tracked again.  All and all the list was very helpful and made me feel more accomplished at the end of the day but still I wish I had been able to cross more off that list today.

I think the really frustrating thing for me today was patience.  Nothing gets to me more than when I have to wait on a response from someone in order to accomplish my goal for the day.  Today seemed to have a lot of waiting.  As hard as I tried it seemed like everytime I tried to start something today the end result was a wait for a reply.  This gets me to another pet peeve of mine, delayed response to emails.

I pride myself on being extremely punctual on emails.  Sure, sometimes I get busy and forget or don't have an answer at the time, but all and all I try to get back to people as quickly as possible even if it's just to say I'm working on it.  So for me it is extremely annoying when someone fails to type out a quick acknowledgment that they received my message.  I guess that gets back to the whole waiting thing which really is the same problem.

While waiting was able to help the guys get the Ireland order boxed up and we were able to get all 100 pieces ready to be put onto the pallet tomorrow morning so that Ryan and I can drive it out to the port.  It will be so nice to have that order done but it's also scary because sales have really sucked this month! I can't explain what the problem is but we only had 10 visits to our website on Friday which is as bad as it gets.  I don't even remember the last time we had so few.  So after we get the order out my goal is going to be to get that traffic back up which is going to be harder now that my laptop has bit the dust.  On top of that I still have to build the new website for RocLok Ireland, man I'm going to be busy!

Hopefully I'll have time earlier tomorrow to write my post here so that all my great ideas don't fall out of my head.  Until then, sleep well everyone!

No comments: