Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ryans Life, day2

Hello World,

Today not much productive happened, we had a appointment with a contractor who was supposed to come out and fix our fridge they damaged over the last 10 months. He came out but the “brand new” door had a huge gouge in it… so another week and maybe we will have that fixed. Throughout the rest of the day I talked with past clients, future clients and a friend from New Hampshire who survived Irene.

I read my friends updates on Facebook and Twitter and no matter how happy I am to see everyone traveling it reminded me of the days when I used to travel. I miss being able to travel, meet new people and see new things. When I proposed to Melanie, I flew her to Italy, a train ride with Prosecco (Italian champagne) ended in Verona Italy, and took her to Juliet’s Balcony and dinner at a place owned by the family the Montague’s were based on. Throughout the rest of her stay we went throughout Spain, France, Italy, Morocco, Greece and many other wonderful places. In total I traveled to 14 European counties by 21, throughout most of the lower 48 states, and a few trips on Cruise liners in the Bahamas. Life was good.

I do not regret the amount of time I spent building my Real Estate career or giving up everything I owned to start a new business in the USA… But at times it is hard and at many times I hope that it will all pay off. I was on my way to retirement by 40 with a nice 4400Sf house and all the toys I could want, but now that is all a distant memory. Living in Hotels for the last 10 months waiting for my condo to be repaired after the fire has given me a interesting perspective. The funniest part to me was that I owned three houses and did not have a place to live. I have learned to live with almost nothing, in small spaces and a life on the road living out of one suitcase. I have literally been able to pack up and move in under fifteen minutes, which is both impressive and sad at the same time.

Well those are my thoughts for the day, welcome to our blog and our lives.

No comments: